How does working with an Academic Coaching Associates coach benefit Middle School Students?
- Improved academic performance
- Increased self-confidence and self-esteem
- Better understanding of which learning strategies work best for them based on their individual learning style
- Practical application of organization, time management, and study strategies,
- Greater independence and self-reliance
- Enhanced motivation and productivity
- Stronger executive function skills
Academic Coaching is beneficial for students of any age and grade level; by concentrating on meeting students where they are developmentally, identifying barriers to academic success, goal setting, teaching effective skills and strategies to overcome these roadblocks. Students who have academic coaches achieve better grades, greater independence, and higher self-confidence.
However, depending on the age of the student, there are unique challenges for each stage of education that can be dramatically improved with academic coaching. These challenges are intensified for students who are ADHD and display weaknesses in executive function skills. The academic coaches at Academic Coaching Associates have a proven track record of helping students not only to succeed, but to exceed.
Academic Coaching for Middle School Students
When students transition from elementary school to middle school students are faced with a different set of expectations and strong executive function skills become imperative for success. It is the first time they have a different teacher for each subject and each teacher may have their own set of classroom rules, teaching style, and routines.
In addition to targeting executive function skills, the coaches at Academic Coaching Associates are experts at teaching middle school students:
- Strategies to meet the requirements of each individual class
- Effective homework completion strategies
- Self-advocacy skills
- Organization systems that work for each class
- Practical backpack and locker organization
- Useful note-taking skills
- Memorization techniques
- Study skills and test taking strategeis