Packages and Individual Sessions Available
How does working with an Academic Coaching Associates coach benefit college students?
Going away to college is an exciting time for students. For some, it is the first time they are on their own and completely independent. Many students rise to the occasion and thrive, but many have not yet developed the academic and life skills necessary to be a self-reliant and successful student.
Academic Coaching for college students is a scientifically proven way to help students become independent and successful by working with them on academic and life skills including:
- Organization and time management
- Avoiding procrastination
- Pre-planning of projects and creating study schedules
- Seeking help from professors and/or TA’s
- Signing up for tutoring and utilization of campus resources
- Improving and using effective study skills and strategies
- Balancing study time and social time
- Handing in assignments and projects on time
- Meeting with an advisor to pick appropriate classes
- Getting enough sleep and proper nutrition
- Being accountable and making good choices
- Use of 504 plan accommodations if applicable
Academic life coaching offers comprehensive support for college students in order to keep them on track and in school. Students meet with their academic coach weekly and have access to them throughout the week by phone, email or text. Sessions are tailored to meet the needs of each student. Students who been diagnosed with ADHD, executive function disorder, anxiety, Asperger’s, dyslexia, or other learning obstacles find academic life coaching to be especially helpful.
Depending on the student’s location, academic life coaches meet with students either in person or by video conferencing such as Skype.
Why does academic coaching for college students work?
- Students do not need to sign up in advance or even leave their room, their coach just shows up on their computer.
- Coaches meet consistently on the same day and same time each week with students so students can plan and prioritize and accordingly
- Academic Coaching Associates coaches are not students, grad students, or recent graduates, they are highly trained and experienced professionals
- In college, there are often only a handful of coaches for thousands of students so availability is an issue, not so with their Academic Coaching Associate coach. Students may text, call, or email their academic coach anytime, as much or as little as they need.
- Each Academic Coaching Associate coach is an expert at creating a personal bond with their students. They truly care about their students and will go above and beyond to help their students succeed.
“Undergraduates who receive (academic) coaching, including guidance on setting goals and time management, are more likely to remain in college and graduate.”
– Eric Bettinger, Associate Professor of Education, Stanford University School of Education